Find the Position that's right for you.
Nitriles Process Engineer
Lima, OH 45804 US
Sirius Staffing is seeking a Process Engineer for a Direct Hire Opportunity in Lima, OH. Please contact us today for more info!
The incumbent uses his/her technical expertise to optimize the Nitriles manufacturing processes. Engineering know-how is used to improve safety, improve reliability, increase yield, improve product quality, increase production, and reduce costs. Knowledge of process chemistry and project economics is required.
- BS Chemical Engineering or higher
- 5-10 years of experience in chemical plant or refinery
- Six Sigma
- ISO 9001 experience
- Process Hazard and Layer of Protection Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills, computational and data analysis skills, IT skills with process modeling and process simulation software, and problem-solving skills
- Good negotiator/influencer and team leader/motivator
- Solid understanding of financial calculations and their impact on the bottom line
- Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur
- Builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge
- Looks for ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently
- Becomes a technical expert in the acrylonitrile process and leads and participates in all plant process engineering activities\
- Continuously initiate ways to improve plant operations, safety, and environmental performance through day-to-day activities and recommendations for optimized unit conditions.
- Establishes and executes process improvement plans for manufacturing including safety and environmental improvements.
- Collaborates on technology with R&D personnel.
- Models changes to process to predict effect on Operations.
- Ownership of assigned PSM Elements to drive and progress continuous improvement and compliance.
- Leads PHA’s for new and existing processes.
- Participates and leads Incident Investigations.
- Provides technical expertise in the design, specification, selection, and operation of equipment along with providing guidance on safe operating limits.
- Works with Technical Manager, Process Engineers and Process Specialist on all aspects of cost control including variable, fixed, and capital.
- Direct, coordinate, and participate in Process Safety Reviews and Management of Change process.
- Takes active role in project development, economics and execution. Assists in final bid package preparation and subsequent contract bidding and selection.
- Organizes field tests and consults with other specialists outside of the facility to solve operating issues.
- Remains on call for emergency troubleshooting and operations support.
- Ensures all work is done in a safe manner consistent with company, local, state, federal and health, safety and environmental regulations and procedures.