Find the Position that's right for you.
5th Shift Operator
New Orleans, LA 70112 US
Sirius Staffing is seeking a Maintenance Technician in New Orleans, Louisiana. This is a direct-hire opportunity!
- Primarily will maintain, repair or replace equipment that either directly or indirectly facilitates the operation of chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps and other ancillary equipment. Through teamwork, will ensure overall plant compliance with applicable safety, environmental and operational permits or guidelines.
- A maintenance technician maintaining boilers, chillers, cooling towers, evaporative coolers, ice water storage, pumps, fans, RO systems, water softeners, switchgear, MCC, feed water pumps, condensate system, steam induction pumps, isolation and control valves, a Delta V human machine interface (HMI), diesel pumps, tanks, generators, air compressors, water lab testing, and willing to safely handle chemicals.
- Will be responsible to assist in controlling chilled water, steam, condensate and cooling tower process parameters.
- Will be responsible in reading pressure and temperature gauges, work with all types of lab equipment, thermometers and various types of flow meters.
- Will be responsible to complete maintenance work orders utilizing a computerized maintenance management system.
- Will be expected to report and work during hurricanes, storms, high winds or other natural disasters.
- Will be assigned to assist operations personnel in standing operational watch at multiple facilities.
- May be assigned to work on a rotating 12-hour shift.
- Will work under the guidance and indirect supervision of a lead maintenance person.
- Must have a minimum two-years maintaining and operating HVAC equipment.
- Must have a universal EPA refrigerant certification.
- Minimum education is a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum Class 3 stationary engineering certificate issued by the city of New Orleans for either Boilers – Air Conditioning, Refrigeration-Turbines or Internal Combustion
- Must be proficient in the use of various hand tools including but not limited to; wrenches, ratchets, sockets, screwdrivers, power tools, pliers, tape measures, rules, multi-meters, grinders, files, torches, hammers, saws and all other types of pneumatic tools.
- Must be able to work with PVC piping of all sizes, climb ladders, work over head, work in confined spaces, work outdoors and indoors, work in heat, cold, windy and dusty environments.
- Must willing to wear all types of PPE including; hearing protection, eye protection, all types of hand protection, steel toe foot wear, head protection, wear fall-protection, half-face and full-face respirators.
- Must be comfortable and proficient in reading, writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to clearly see and differentiate all colors.
- Must be able to walk, stoop, climb, lift and carry up to 100 lbs.