Find the Position that's right for you.
Mobile, AL 36608 US
- Perform all maintenance in accordance with FAA approved data and to the standards of good workmanship as required by the company
- Keep safety of flight in the forefront at all times in the production of an airworthy product.
- Perform routine or special maintenance inspections to prevent failure of aircraft electrical and avionics systems and components; perform complete operational and functional checks on navigation, communication and flight control systems including instrumentation and pitot static installations, etc.
- Fabricate wiring harnesses, installs/modifies avionic and electrical systems.
- Determine when a component should be repaired or replaced; decide necessary repair schemes and quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair.
- Follow approved maintenance procedures, consulting internal procedures and technical data FAA approved.
- Perform serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Complete work package documentation with sign off after finishing all designated operations.
- Perform installation of avionic equipment.
- Interpret avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, wiring and cable integrity, coax cables and fittings and connector assemblies.
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and soldering equipment.
- Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant license is preferred.
- Prior avionics experience is required.
- Prior experience in aircraft maintenance required.
- Familiar with turbo prop aircraft is a plus.
- FCC 2nd Class License preferred
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, and the ability to demonstrate proficiency in these areas.
- Proficiency with interpretation of avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, cables, fittings, circuits and connectors.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to inspect and install digital avionics equipment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while ensuring quality work.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel, talk or hear and have good visual abilities.
- Will often be required to sit, climb or balance and work in close quarters.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Must be safety conscious at all times.
- Able to lift or help lift up to 50 lbs.
- Note: Noise level may be loud at times.
- Previous experience on turbo prop aircraft preferred.
- Must understand, read and write proficiently in the English language to read and understand appropriate manuals, schematics, and technical information necessary to adequately perform duties.
- Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic license is a plus.
- FCC license is not required; but is a plus.