Find the Position that's right for you.
Building Automation Technician
Mobile, AL 36609 US
- Handles service calls as directed during the day
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved, and checks and tests systems components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation systems and components
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- Will coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Participates in job site final walk and/or final completion for systems-to-service turnover on assigned jobs
- High school diploma, or state-recognized GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Required travel: 10% in local area
- Direct Digital Controls experience preferred; or industrial controls, Information Technology, or a strong electro-mechanical background to learn building automation controls
- Preferred experience: experience with programming, job start-up, and checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Adobe PDF
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age