Find the Position that's right for you.
Mobile, AL 36608 US
- Sourcing of goods, materials, components, or services that are aligned with the supply chain strategies in place
- Lead commercial discussions and negotiations with supply chain partners to obtain best conditions possible (cost, time and quality)
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, driving compliance to company’s purchasing policies and procedures and legal requirements
- Benchmark and report on departmental savings and wastes, working closely with the H.O. Procurement to outline annual savings targets and implement related strategies.
- Recurrently evaluate suppliers and lead performance and commercial related discussions with relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to supply chain robustness by building, managing, and recovering supplier relationships
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials through order follow up and supply chain benchmarking activities
- Research and evaluate supply chain Risks and Opportunities utilizing LEAN strategies to maximize value of goods and services
- Prepare and deliver briefs, updates and reports to internal and external stakeholders, multi-functional teams, etc.
- Coordinate with vendors and customers.
- Attend and support internal meetings.
- Support logistics (warehouse, customs regulation) as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in procurement, supply chain, logistics, or a similar field.
- Experience in Third Party Repair, Tooling, and Calibration is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in Aerospace is a plus, but not required.
- Experience managing overseas vendors in fabrication is a plus, but not required.
- Some knowledge of reading technical data and drawings is preferred.
- Knowledge of standard shipping and receiving practices.
- Knowledge of online shipment tracking.
- Ability to read and understand Customs and ITAR regulations a plus.
- Experience with reading engineering drawing.
- Basic negotiation skills.
- Basic knowledge about procurement contracts.
- Basic financial skills.
- Proven success as a participant in an effective team.
- Customer focused and analytical.
- Demonstrated skill as a problem-solver.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required.
- Experience in MS Office Suite. (MSWord, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of computer search engines.
- Experience in an ERP system is a plus (for example SAP, Pentagon 2000).