Sirius Staffing is seeking a Chemist for a large manufacturing/chemical plant in the Blair, NE area. This Chemist will provide analytical support within fermentation, final product, and Quality Assurance. Areas include analytical testing, maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting, repair, and training.
PTO/Holiday Pay/Benefits Offered
This is a long-term position.
Shift: 12-hour Days, rotating schedule (3 on, 2 off, 2 on 3 off) 5a-5p or 6a-6p. For initial training, the schedule will be M-F 7:45a to 5p
• Collecting and analyzing raw material samples, in-process samples, and final product samples using analytical methods to ensure that the samples and products meet internal and external customer specifications.
• Monitoring process conditions and variables using various data historian tools. Involved in making process adjustment decisions and recommendations.
• Validate and approve raw material shipments.
• Communicate and supply analytical support to all levels of the organization.
• Data analysis, interpretation, and reporting using LIMS and SAP.
• Analyzing customer samples.
• Operating, maintaining, validating, and calibrating bench top and in-line instruments.
• Troubleshooting process upsets and managing resources to resolve them.
• Training new employees on Quality Assurance systems, analytical methods, and instruments.
• Prioritizing responsibilities and key accountabilities while on shift.
• Uphold all HACCP, ISO 9001/14001, and RC14001 principles.
• BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Food Science, or a related field (with a strong emphasis on Chemistry).
• Experience with analytical instruments, such as GC, HPLC, NIR, or ICP.
• Commitment to working safely and participating in safety efforts.
• Willing to work a shift schedule that includes weekends, holidays, and possible nights.
• Willing to cover an on-call schedule, if needed
• Knowledge of analytical methods.
• Strong computer skills.
Sirius Staffing is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.