Find the Position that's right for you.
Construction Project Manager
Augusta, GA 30905 US
- Responsible for the overall contract management and performance. Set the example for all project personnel and ensure all work is performed in accordance with contract plans and specifications.
- Responsibly delegate appropriate responsibilities and duties to supporting staff, to include Assistant PM, Site Superintendent, Quality Control Manager and Site Safety & Health Officer.
- Ensure that subcontractors thoroughly understand contract plans and specifications. Manage all subcontractor involvement in the project. Identify potential conflicts or problems before they occur.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Manage all assigned subcontracts and ensure contract compliance.
- Preparation and ongoing management of overall Project Schedules including monthly updates and contemporaneous analysis of fragnet at all project changes.
- Recommend value engineering and other contract modifications, adjustments, to increase overall quality, efficiency and value.
- Anticipates potential schedule delays. Plan, communicate, and implement alternative actions.
- Respond to off-duty calls to meet priority or emergency work requirements.
- Examine subcontractor means and methods, material delivery schedules and identify constraints.
- Review change order requests from vendors and subcontractors, fully establish entitlement, and ensure it conforms to all contract requirements.
- Serve as the Government’s central point of contract for the day-to-day operations. Document all communications. Track all facets of project progress to include schedule, budget, Modifications and Change Orders, and reporting /deliverables requirements.
- Meet or otherwise communicate with each customer on a regular basis to ensure that customer expectations are being met or exceeded. Communicate early, communicate often.
- Conducts weekly Subcontractor meetings to review project status.
- Participate in Home Office and field meetings with project team members. Participate in strategic planning when requested.
- Prepares daily reports, weekly progress, monthly status and final project documentation. Document all communications with the customer.
- Ensure QC testing and reporting requirements are followed, and results documented.
- Track and report all associated project revenue, costs, and profits. Prepare and submit monthly CTC reports to senior management.
- Prepare, submit, and track monthly invoices to the client. Communicate with the client re payment irregularities.
- Review and ensure Subcontractor / Vendor invoice accuracy and submit same to Finance for processing only after progress work has been satisfactorily completed. Coordinate with Finance as necessary.
- Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge of all contract plans, schedules, and specifications. Maintain a current file of all contract documents.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable FAR clauses.
- Develop an understanding of the company’s subcontracting process and ensure all interactions with subs comply with established processes and procedures.
- Champion safety and ensure compliance with all safety requirements.
- Monitor work performed; analyze performance and establish corrective actions and controls.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- 4-year college degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience or 10 years' equivalent experience in lieu of a 4-year degree.
- U.S. government contracting experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience including construction project leadership, organization, management, administration, as well as managing complex operations supporting multiple government or commercial customers.
- Design Build experience preferred.
- Must have management experience and ability to effectively organize and direct a multi-functional activity including planning, procedure development and resource management.
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 or USACE EM 385-1-1 and first Aid/CPR preferred
- Current QCM certification issued by Associated General Contractors (AGC) preferred.
- Broad knowledge in construction methods, practices, schedules, logistics and budgets.
- Ability to work extended work schedules as required supporting the project execution plans and schedules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency in P6 preferred.
- A valid drivers' license issued by state of residence and in good standing and able to obtain and maintain a government driver’s license. Must not have a DUI or reckless driving history in the past ten years.
- Will be required to pass facility security clearance investigation.