Find the Position that's right for you.
E&I Technician (CTS-HDG-006-2023)
Havre de Grace, MD 21078 US
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of a vocational/technical school in an electrical/electronic craft with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an industrial environment OR some post-secondary education in electronic/electrical craft with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in an industrial environment.
- Journeyman or maintenance electrical license preferred
- Ability to work on mechanical parts, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics.
- Ability to develop and foster strong relationships with all maintenance department co-workers, outside contractors and vendors.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC systems is a plus.
- Maintains, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical, electronic, and pneumatic controls and equipment (including PLC’s) throughout the facility.
- Instrumentation troubleshooting/repairs: Level transmitters, temperature sensors, metering devices.
- Tests and diagnoses malfunctioning machinery and review diagnosis for proper corrective action with other maintenance workers such as mechanics and supervisors.
- Performs expedient corrective maintenance on production equipment and building electrical/mechanical systems
- Operates forklift and other powered equipment as may be required in the performance of duties
- Calibrate and maintain analytical instruments like pH and conductivity
- Perform installation, maintenance, and repair of all facilities, grounds, and industrial power and electrical systems (low and high voltage).
- Diagnose electric motor, motor control, and device control problems
- Troubleshoot and repair sensors and solid-state equipment.
- Identify and order parts and materials from manufacturers' manuals and prints.
- Perform electrical preventive and corrective maintenance tasks as required.
- Works in all inside and outside areas of the plant and is often exposed to heat, cold, inclement weather, high noise level, dust, chemicals, grease, oil, and "dirty" working conditions.
- Operates various equipment, machine tools, and portable power and hand tools consistent with skill level and job assignment.
- Variable work schedule as required, including being “on call”.
- Work conditions also include accessing elevated areas, where working on ladders, scaffolding, and portable work platforms will also be required. Proper use of fall protection with safety harness also required.
- The job may also require working in confined spaces to inspect, repair, and troubleshoot inside process equipment and other confined access. Proper adherence to confined space safety procedures is required. Must be able to ascend several flights of steps several times during the working day. Some jobs require the use of chemical dust or tight-fitting APR chemical vapor cartridge respirators. The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.