Find the Position that's right for you.
Electrical instrumentation Manager
Theodore, AL 36582 US
- Works under the direction of the VP of Engineering Services.
- Manages the department discipline resources as required to support project execution.
- Staffing assignments to proposals and/or projects
- Participates in the recruiting department discipline personnel, including interviews and offer letters.
- Manages/submits rate changes for discipline staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conducts or facilitates yearly performance evaluations of department discipline staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides technical and/or administrative support to the department discipline staff.
- Supports the development and maintenance of department discipline procedures, specifications, and standards.
- Monitors/identifies specific staff training needs; assists in facilitating training to meet those needs.
- Ensures that project execution adheres to the quality control standards required by Orion Engineering.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with engineering colleagues, project managers, and clients on a daily basis through email, telephone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Conduct all work activities in compliance with safety policies & procedures.
- Solid business acumen - thorough knowledge of EPC work processes, cost control, scheduling, and administrative practices, understanding project phases and associated required scope/deliverables.
- Significant experience in various phases of vendor selection and technical negotiation.
- Significant experience in E&I installation requirements; impact on construction.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Keen safety awareness
- Operates well in a multi-company team environment (vendors, clients, etc.)
- Exhibits leadership traits and abilities.
- Teamwork, flexibility, integrity, and a high degree of professionalism are required.
- Must be prompt, dependable, and have a good attendance record.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements also may be required to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Ability to read and understand policies, procedures, and processes.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- 10+ years relevant work experience.
- PE Certification/License required.
- Site visits can be required with little or no notice.
- Must be willing to travel overnight and work out of town as required.
- Travel may be required between Office Locations.