Find the Position that's right for you.
Electrician -Syracuse, NY
Syracuse, NY 13202 US
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace, or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, VFD’s, motor starters, disconnects, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators, and protective relays.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, and UPS systems
- Utilize a preventive maintenance program to complete tasks and keep maintenance records
- Effectively use a variety of media (i.e., MS office suite, etc.) to convey technical data, concepts, and ideas.
- Read complex schematics, wiring diagrams and shop drawings for the purpose of installation, troubleshooting, and repairing of major systems and minor subsystems and components
- Connects, disconnects, and tags out equipment and circuits for test or repair and safety of personnel and equipment
- Performs installations in compliance with the national electrical code.
- Performs basic mechanical repairs as required
- Journeyman experience or the completion of an apprenticeship program.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and industrial equipment.
- Awareness of national, state, and local electrical codes and regulations.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents.
- Willing to perform physically demanding tasks, such as lift heavy objects, climbing ladders, crawling, etc.
- Must be willing to work through all holidays, weekends, and over-time when necessary.
- Must be willing to work during all types of weather events when necessary
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Current City of Syracuse Masters Electrician license is a plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities.
- A Valid NYS Driver’s License is required
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received the completed series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine, as recognized by the USA FDA and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date.