Find the Position that's right for you.
Pascagoula, MS 39567 US
- Analyzes and designs sequence of operations and workflow to improve efficiencies in production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems
- Utilizes Earned Value Management (EVMS) techniques to calculate and analyze cost and schedule performance
- Analyzes EVMS data outputs and trends to formulate potential risks and opportunities for input into the overall company financial position
- Optimizes direct and indirect manufacturing labor and in-plant material flow through the use of industrial engineering methods including line balancing, time studies, as well as both in-plant and external material flow
- Recommends improvements and/or modifications for the sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Establishes or assists in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations
- Directs strategy deployment by completing Bottleneck Analysis and Value Stream Mapping
- Assists facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities
- Understanding of EVMS concepts and applications
- Advanced knowledge of engineering concepts, practices, procedures, and engineering standards and systems
- Knowledge of product launch management systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency
- Strong computer literacy
- A minimum of 3 months experience in industrial engineering, shipbuilding, and production processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or equivalent experience preferred.