Find the Position that's right for you.
Etowah, TN 37331 US
- Perform all laboratory functions in a safe manner and actively support the safety program.
- Collect and test samples (raw materials, in process, finished goods, and QM) following defined test methods.
- Document all results on the appropriate datasheets or in a lab notebook, as defined by procedures. Verify all results prior to entry into electronic databases.
- Make product approval decisions according to defined release criteria. Initiate Quality Incident Alerts and participate in out of spec investigations for off spec product; based on lab results or SPC review. This must be completed in a timely manner to meet customer orders. This includes COA reporting and managing the results database, SAP, SharePoint, etc.
- Accurately and efficiently report the test results to aid in production process or batch adjustments and perform any additional testing to minimize cross-contamination from product changeovers.
- Maintain the lab equipment and calibrations as required to ensure accurate and consistent results.
- Conduct required testing for Environmental and plant utilities to ensure compliance to permit requirements.
- Assist in training of new laboratory technicians.
- Participate in the quality improvement activities at the plant.
- Conduct statistical evaluations and process controls as applicable.
- Adhere to the procedures defined under the ISO-9001 certification.
- Maintain production retain samples following the established procedure.
- Participate in studies as assigned by the Global or Regional Reference labs.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Chemistry college-level courses preferred
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint. Experience with SAP would be a plus.
- Basic understanding of statistics. Ability to maintain accurate and timely plant analytical data files.
- Sound judgment skills to evaluate the testing results and respond in an appropriate manner to ensure product quality.
- This position requires sufficient independence to fulfill these activities with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to work rotating 12 hour shift.
- May be required to sit for 25 percent of their shift, stand for 60 percent of their shift, and walk around for 15 percent of their shift.
- The employee will constantly move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently move up to twenty (20) pounds, and occasionally move up to one hundred (100) pounds. At all times the employee should maximize the usage of mechanical aids at their disposal.
- The work environment is mostly in a production environment. The employee could be exposed to outside weather conditions.