Find the Position that's right for you.
Morris, IL 60450 US
The Logistics clerk will be responsible for assisting the Logistics Supervisor in all aspects of Material Handling.
- Update Rail Car Track Sheet with CN site inventory report, Ops report & as if today's switch was complete.
- Assist with all DOT required documentation for shipments in and out for compliance and audit. Ensure the site is adhering to DOT regulations.
- Walk Tracks as needed for Track Sheet confirmation of rail car inventory.
- Assist with the Goods Receipt Process, electronic files for all Rail Documentation, and Daily Switch management. May include overtime/weekends
- Report rail shipment OTIF for KPI
- Assist with documenting transportation detention and excess storage charges and prepare month end report for accrual.
- Verify loaded customer cars have shipped and then post goods issue in MES.
- Ensure loading/unloading rail cars forms are completed to DOT regulation. (Car ID, Material loaded, Weight, MES loadout created, Seal Numbers recorded, UN Number for Placard)
- Ensure material movements for unloaded/load railcars are entered in the MES accurately.
- Maintain hard copy filing system for loaded/unloading forms for completeness and compliance.
- Assist with FRA DOT on site annual inspections
- Print and File DOT-required HZM bills for Empty Releases
- Action invoices submitted to VIM for approval when received.
- Knowledge of all Site rail procedures.
- Coordinate/Communicate MRU visits for on-site rail car repairs. (Repairs/stencil updates) Coordinate photos, repair documentation, invoicing and forward to the Hub.
- Assist with the management of site lease fleet of Quality tankers. Monitor and arrange tankers to shop for inspection.
- Assist with the distribution daily interplant tank wagon moves.
- Knowledge of all bulk shipment procedures and job aids.
- Ensure the site has UN placard inventory and enter orders from supplier to replenish stock.
- Maintain log of drop trailers at site for cost reporting. Advise carrier when tankers are ready for pick up.
- Monitor daily outbound shipment papers to ensure DOT compliance and maintain filing.
- Review loading/unloading forms for completeness and maintain filing
- Ensure that all Manual Bills are addressed for inventory issues and posted asap
- Prepare VGM (Verified Gross Mass) documentation for all outbound International Shipments and supply to International Logistics Specialist at the Hub.
- Create Ariba blanket PO's for Quality tank truck lease trailers sent to tank wash. Validate invoice and post receipts in Aribia.
- High Security Seals: Replenish seal inventory from Labelmaster. Keep log of seals as required by DOT
- Process customer returns to site. RMA receives back into inventory/communicate to site the return and facilitate unloading of material.
- CFR-49 HazMat DOT Certified
- Demonstrated knowledge of chemical manufacturing processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) a plus.
- Knowledge in SAP & MES Management Systems
- Seeks to understand the Health, Safety, Environmental and Security (HSES) aspects of his/her area operations and the consequences if an upset occurs
- Excellent interpersonal skills: able to develop and maintain good working relationship and work productively with others in a team environment