Find the Position that's right for you.
Millport, AL 35576 US
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Maintain electrical and instrumentation equipment to meet regulatory codes.
- Perform rigging activities, safety-related functions and other miscellaneous electrical functions.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade workers.
- Self-starter yet able to take orders as directed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Electrical or instrumentation degree in a technical school or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in industrial electric or instrumentation.
- Must complete and maintain any assigned company required training and certifications.
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of shop tools (both hand and power).
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Demonstrate mechanical knowledge
- Competent with programming of VFD’s.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot PLC’s
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot MCC’s and starters.
- Proficient in blue print and drawing reading
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulic systems
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and Man lift.