Find the Position that's right for you.
Pipe Stress Engineer
Theodore, AL 36582 US
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience
- 7+ years of experience with a PE License is preferred
- A proven piping/mechanical engineering design background, preferably some experience in the chemical and/or petrochemical process industry.
- Microsoft Office required
- Software Skills: Caesar II, Navisworks, preferred 3D piping design or modeling software such as Aveva E3D, CADWorx, Plant 3d.
- Experience in Piping Stress Analysis in accordance with ASME B31.3, ASME, API, and BPVC.
- Provide piping design input to designers to improve the design and reduces stress in the system.
- Calculate and implement PSV Relief force calculations on piping systems
- Check allowable nozzle loads on fixed and rotating equipment.
- Review piping and valve specifications to ensure the process conditions are within the boundaries of the specification.