Find the Position that's right for you.
Lima, OH 45804 US
- Safety Champion for the site. Practice and teach good safety work habits to employees, conducts regular safety discussions. Conducts incident investigation and follow up as needed.
- Functionally directs Production Supervisors as principal liaison to Manufacturing Manager.
- Ensures incident investigation findings and action items are implemented and documented.
- Establishes, monitors and updates adequate Key Performance Indicators
- Works closely with Process Engineers to execute process improvement plans.
- Works with Technical Manager and Process Engineers on all aspects of cost control including variable, fixed and capital.
- Works with Process Assistants to write and review procedures associated with areas of responsibility as required. Periodically reviews and revises existing procedures and P&ID’s as needed. Leads the Management-of-Change (MOC) process for areas of responsibility.
- Issues job orders, establishes priorities for those dates. Assists in developing daily plans and priority for equipment availability for maintenance work.
- Manages unit volumes, quality issues with Production Engineer.
- Provides technical and operational support for shift teams during non-routine operations.
- Suggests improvements in operating procedures, modifications to equipment or changes in operating conditions to ensure safe operation, increase production or improve operation efficiency. Contributes ideas for development of capital projects to improve plant performance.
- Provides backup coverage for Process Assistants as needed.
- BS in Engineering (Chemical preferred) or higher.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in chemical or refinery industry.
- PSM plant experience.
- Hazardous chemicals operations experience highly desirable.
- Six Sigma experience desirable.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office, and other software as deemed necessary.