Find the Position that's right for you.
Mobile, AL 36693 US
- Determines resources needs – people, tools, equipment, materials, and internal services for each project.
- Assists with Pre-Construction Services to prepare, review, and monitor information and reports on all costs involved in assigned projects.
- Manage construction schedule and organization and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project.
- Assists with creating and managing project budgets.
- Assist in preparing bid packages and subcontract scopes of work; set up subcontractor pre-work meetings, keep minutes, and follow up.
- Complies with requirements of owner contracts (bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs).
- Defines team member responsibilities for processing submittals, including taking ownership of more difficult trades in cases of limited staff.
- Confirms all required paperwork from subcontractors and suppliers is completed at appropriately designated times before and during the projects.
- Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key people to verify that all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary.
- Communicates with all suppliers and subcontractors to be certain they understand performance standards related to predetermined schedules or plans and specifications. If performance problems occur, coordinate with the Project Manager regarding the appropriate actions to take with the subcontractor.
- Attend all mandatory periodic planning, progress, and close-out meetings with project staff and key people on project concerns, problems, and expected situations that may arise with subcontractors, suppliers, customer changes, etc.
- Compare progress to schedule, compare actual versus estimated cost, check compliance with plans and specifications, review any problems, and verify the quality of work being performed meets contract specifications and Company guidelines.
- Manage the project closeout process to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the customer.
- BS in Construction Management, Building Science, Engineering, or related field plus 4 to 6 years of experience in a leadership position on projects of various sizes preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years in the construction industry
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others.
- Ability to manage multiple activities/projects, meet various deadlines, and network with staff, management, and clients.
- Demonstrate proficiency using personal computer (PC) and company communication tools like email, internet, and Microsoft products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Travel to some Work site projects to check on the status. Company vehicles will be provided as needed and/or reimbursement.