Find the Position that's right for you.
New Orleans, LA 70112 US
- Manages budget development, design, construction, budget management, related project functions, and professional contracts.
- Coordinates with Procurement to delineate responsibilities for purchasing and bidding activities.
- Manages projects to ensure completion of projects within budgetary, regulatory, time, and quality constraints.
- Directs preparing and reviewing plans, specifications, estimates, and contracts for assigned projects.
- Coordinates utility project activities with other divisions and outside agencies, organizations, and utility franchises; resolves sensitive and controversial issues.
- Provides staff assistance to local management; conducts various studies and investigations; develops and recommends appropriate utility facility programs, policies, and procedures modifications.
- BS degree in Engineering, with major course work in Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical; Construction Management or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience, including experience with Administrative and Supervisory Responsibility
- Knowledge of Project Management techniques, including budgets, schedules, drawings, specifications, RFI(s), submittals, daily field reporting, and how to manage project meetings.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite applications, including MS Project (Gantt charts with dependencies)
- Experience with projects in a plant environment.
- Experience with civil projects, including underground piping.
- Knowledge of Energy systems, HVAC design, district energy, or sustainable energy design a plus.
- Have an engineering foundation and a superior project management background.
- Principles and practices of program development and administration.
- Civil, structural, electrical, traffic control, geotechnical, and mechanical engineering principles and practices.
- Able to prepare and review the preparation of plans and specifications.
- Ability to read and understand utility drawings and as-built drawings.
- Experience with MicroStation, AutoCAD, or other relevant applications is a plus.