Find the Position that's right for you.
Reliability Controls Engineer
Columbus, MS 39701 US
- Designs and implements modifications to existing electrical, robotic, and PLC automation equipment to improve uptime and reliability.
- Support electrical and automation control systems development, implementation, and troubleshooting in Assembly.
- Reviews engineering designs for manufacturing feasibility and recommends changes as necessary
- Ensures projects are completed within budget and on schedule, ensuring that the vendors follow Engine Plant Safety, Electrical, and Automation standards
- Leads and Mentors others through troubleshooting, equipment design, and automation development
- Manages Supplier execution and project schedules for new process equipment and verifies machine design documentation is detailed and accurate.
- Continuous improvement working with the IT department and integrated process monitoring systems
- Prepare, manage, and implement capital budget projects. Support Six Sigma projects
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Alternatively, equivalent professional experience in the field of Robotics with a focus on vision and movement and laser measurement systems will be considered.
- Proficiency in using Siemens 840D Powerline CNC control system.
- Minimum 5 years of automation experience is required, preferred in the Manufacturing Environment
- Extensive Knowledge using Siemens PLC products, TIA Portal experience required
- Familiar with risk assessments and safety evaluation
- Knowledge of city, state, and federal electrical codes required. Knowledge of mechanical and safety codes preferred
- Knowledge of Profibus, Profisafe, Safety Integrated, and ASI-Bus
- Experience with FANUC Robots, FANUC Vision, Cognex Vision, and Atlas Copco tools strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create and interpret electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
- Exceptional computer literacy, Microsoft, and AutoCAD desired