Find the Position that's right for you.
Lima, OH 45804 US
- Champions the Safety Principles and Culture of Prevention.
- Champions Field Safety Presence by spending a minimum of a third of their time in the field engaging contractors, maintenance, and operators. Role models engagement, coaches others, sets expectations, and ensures all have the appropriate mindsets and behaviors to work safely.
- Conducts Safety observations and field audits. Supports the behavior-based safety program for the site and provides information on the process to the Leadership Team as requested.
- Document owner for Safety Procedures ensuring they are properly maintained, deployed, and are effective.
- Acts as a consultant to Operations Management and all employees on safety issues and concerns. Maintains a proactive customer service outlook.
- Develops and effectively implements safety systems, processes, procedures, audits, and policies.
- Coordinates Contractor Safety Program.
- Plans, develops, and conducts safety training as necessary for contractors and employees, including regulatory updates.
- Lead or participate in safety incident investigations and root cause analyses. Manages the Incident Reporting System and coordinates root cause investigation process. Coordinates statistical safety information and monitors for trends and takes correct action based upon the data. Supports and/or serves on various Safety committees.
- Conducts internal safety audits and inspections, reviews processes for regulatory compliance and internal company expectations, and tracks corrective action closure through Incident Reporting System.
- Works within the SHE Team to ensure that the HAZCOM Program, PPE, and other Safety/IH programs are effective and supportive of each other.
- Serves on the Emergency Response Team and understands and utilizes Incident Command principles. Assists in response to onsite and offsite emergencies dealing with manufactured chemicals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Occupational Health, Fire Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, Engineering, or a closely related technical discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 years' safety related experience or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably a Chemical Processing plant.
- High knowledge level of chemical industry safety policies and procedures, manufacturing processes, chemicals, and hazards.
- Experience with managing contractor safety is a plus.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and ability to converse with external agencies such as OSHA, EPA, NIOSH & ODH
- Competent with Microsoft Office software