Find the Position that's right for you.
Pascagoula, MS 39567 US
Sirius Staffing is seeking a Scheduler for a temporary to permanent contract in Pascagoula, MS. Please contact us today for more info!
The Scheduler develops and maintains resource loaded project schedules for new build and repairs projects within the facility or company and works under the direction of the Scheduling Manager.
- Develops and maintains project schedules by working with the project team
- Assigns resources and budgets in schedule with input from Engineering, Production and Planners
- Monitors yard capacity and manpower requirements
- Receives / Assesses and enters engineering and production progress in the project schedules, and analyzes changes to the schedule after updating
- Consults with project team to ensure appropriate inventory is available for production purposes
- Assists with reviews of schedule produced resource loading and conveys information to HR and Production Management in order to fulfil schedule labor requirements
- Creates and Issues Weekly schedule status reports to include Schedule software outputs, excel reports, etc.
- Sound basic knowledge of the principles and best practices for scheduling in accordance with industry and government standards
- Ability to enter, maintain, and generate accurate data and reports
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and blueprints
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Considerable knowledge of the creation and use of Build Strategies, Master Schedules, Product Work Breakdown Structures, Budgeting, Resources Loading, and Detailed Scheduling or the ability to acquire it quickly
- College degree in related technical field preferred
- High school education or equivalent supplemented by course work or technical training in production management acceptable
- Experience with Commercial Shipbuilding software (Primavera) is required
- Professional level experience in scheduling or production planning, or any combination of experience and training that results in the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Scheduler A: 10 plus years’ experience
Sirius Staffing. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.