Find the Position that's right for you.
Site Safety and Health Officer
Hinesville, GA 31313 US
- Ongoing administration of the on-site Health & Safety program that insures a safe and compliant work environment.
- Formulate, create, and maintain site/contract safety plans specific to projects and/or contracts when necessary or required.
- Performs new-hire orientation and training.
- Ensure proper employee, company, and subcontractor certifications are obtained and maintained.
- Communicate, educate, and train employees in safety awareness and specific safety requirements according to OSHA and EM385-1-1.
- Ensure that all employees have received the required training on the hazards specific to their position and documents such training in a manner that demonstrates the employee understands.
- Make sure all personnel and subcontractors are trained and certified (when required) and are up to date on various internal safety programs/activities.
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections and maintain a written log.
- Conduct mishap investigations and complete required reports.
- Maintain the OSHA Form 300 and Daily Production reports for prime and sub-contractors.
- Maintain applicable safety reference material on the job site.
- Attend pre-work meetings including preparatory inspection meetings, and periodic in-progress meetings.
- Implement and enforce accepted APP’s and AHA’s.
- Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution.
- Ensure sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements.
- Facilitate accident prevention activities in compliance with OSHA and EM385-1-1 regulations or guidelines.
- Performs timely investigations of workplace accidents, injuries, illnesses, and near-misses, identification of root cause and rapid correction of contributing factors with documented closure.
- Accurately report accidents and illness within reporting timelines.
- Report recordable injuries in a timely manner.
- Monitors all follow up treatment of injured workers and assists with the development of modified duty positions, as appropriate, to minimize the cost of worker’s compensation claims.
- Create and maintain Activity Hazard Analysis, evaluate hazards within the job site for safety and health risks and develop hazard control practices and programs.
- Recognize a variety of issues, problems or opportunities and determine whether action is needed; identify the need for and collect information to better understand issues, problems, and opportunities Integrate information from a variety of sources; detect general trends, associations and cause-effect relationships.
- Consult with industry professionals to stay current of trends and issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 (Continuous) years of experience managing safety in the construction industry.
- 30-hour OSHA construction safety class or equivalent (OSHA 500, etc.) within the last 5 years.
- Minimum 8 hours of formal Safety training for last five years.
- EM 385-1-1 Competent person training as needed.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Working knowledge of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Safety regulations (EM385-1-1).
- Ability to apply working knowledge of federal and state regulations to determine compliance within program area(s).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a security clearance/background check
- Good interpersonal relationships skills that support coaching/teaching opportunities by seeking and giving information and checking for understanding.
- Strong investigation and analytical skills.
- Superior, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, initiative and a commitment to Safety.
- Ability to explore, simplify processes and challenge the sites to think and work strategically for success. High level of integrity, strong work ethic, good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player with a people-centered leadership style.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.