Find the Position that's right for you.
Houston, TX 77002 US
Sirius Staffing is currently seeking Stationary Engineers for a client in Houston, TX. These are direct hire positions with benefits and rotating schedules. Details below:
- Develop competency in operations of existing plant facilities to ensure that unplanned outages are minimized. Make recommendations to the Operations Supervisor or Lead Operating Engineer to enhance reliability and plant performance.
- Work with the Operations Supervisor and Lead Operating Engineer to perform maintenance programs and procedures.
- Develop an understanding of troubleshooting of the plant, distribution system, interface systems and energy transfer stations. Work in a safe manner while following applicable regulatory requirements.
- Follow plant operational procedures to ensure the accomplishment of plant production goals. Monitor and report on system performance to meet or exceed plant production goals.
- Investigate, take corrective action, and report on plant outages in an effort to minimize impact to customer services. Manage outage timetables that optimize cost effectiveness while insuring reliability.
- Develop proficiency as a plant operator in conjunction with cultivating skills in the calibration and troubleshooting of automation, power, and interface systems.
- As the shift schedule dictates, will be available on a 24-hour basis, to assist in emergency situations and fill vacancies in the shift rotation as directed by the Operations Supervisor.
- Track and log operational system status using applicable journals and control system tools. Understand system-operating requirements, identify trends, perform routine analysis and make recommendations for operating adjustments.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on building mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Additional studies and courses in a technical discipline would be a plus. Training, licenses, or certifications in plant operations considered advantageous.
- 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Grade City of Houston Stationary Engineers license
- One (1) to five (5) years’ experience in operations, maintenance and troubleshooting of central heating and cooling plants.
- Highly professional ethical standards are expected.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems is expected.
- Experience with large scale plant automation, startup, commissioning, and energy management activities is a plus.
- Experience in a service-oriented environment preferred.
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities;
- Must be self motivated and proactive to seek methods to change and /or enhance plant environment. Willing to work any hours necessary to assure plant operations are conducted in a reliable method.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License.