Find the Position that's right for you.
Bedford, MA 01730 US
- As a Senior UX Designer, you will drive design strategies for a portfolio of the next-generation bioprocessing solution
- You will collaborate daily with Product Managers, Product owners, System Technical Leads, and the UIUX team to understand business requirements and design overall user experience.
- You will prototype and iterate low and high-fidelity mockups to represent functional elements utilizing strong design rationale to explain how it works to cross-functional teams (and be open to their feedback).
- You will evaluate requirements and customer data to translate these into comprehensive workflows while ensuring a good balance between customer value and implementation effort.
- You will lead UI/UX discovery activities including ideation sessions, usability research, and detailed workflow definition in collaboration with the UX research team and product owners.
- You will create deliverables that communicate solutions to various audiences using the appropriate tools and fidelity level including concept presentations, journey maps, wireframes, information architecture, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- You will drive UI/UX consistency across multiple software and unify all ux patterns as part of one experience to tell a consistent and compelling narrative, reinforcing Bio4C's brand image.
- You will work closely with Agile and Engineering teams to understand technical constraints and priorities, plan design sprints, communicate design specifications and ensure quality implementation.
- You will identify and troubleshoot usability problems, perform regular UI/UX audits and build prioritized improvement plans for a wide range of applications, devices and interfaces.
- You will use and contribute to the design system while ensuring compliance with the latest standards and internal branding guidelines.
- You will rigorously maintain UI/UX artifact documentation.
- You will guide and mentor more junior designers, define and improve internal processes in collaboration with the UX manager, and perform expert/peer reviews.
- You will be the Figma Subject Matter Expert of the team.
- You will evangelize user experience and usability best practices throughout the organization
- 5+ years of professional experience and a degree in Design or Human-Computer Interaction OR equivalent combination of education and formal experience (7+ years of experience preferred without formal design education)
- An exceptional portfolio of UI design showcasing a wide array of design thinking and user-centered methodologies.
- Strong experience with UX design, human-centered design practices, and interaction design including usability testing and user research.
- Expert in Figma and familiar with graphic design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite)
- Prior experience in reviewing existing systems and processes to identify UX issues and develop recommendations.
- Experience translating complex concepts into an easy-to-understand and digestible format.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership to align processes, projects, and people to meet business goals.
- Experience working with agile environment across cross-functional multidisciplinary teams.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing fast-paced, multi-task environment while remaining attentive to details.
- Ability to articulate and defend your design decisions in front of business teams.
- Experience working in a regulated industry (life science, medical, etc.)
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Experience with localization and globalization design practices.
- Experience with working in an international team.
- Experience working with Jira - Familiar with the SAFe methodologies.
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS
- This role is preferred as a hybrid schedule with the ability to come onsite in our Bedford, US office at least 3 days/week.
- May require overnight travel of less than 10% travel of the time.